Zenegra Tablets (Sildenafil Citrate)
|Active Ingredient (Generic Name):||
Alkem Laboratories Ltd
4 Tablets in strip
6 To 15 days
Zenegra tablet is a drug that is used to treat impotence or erectile dysfunction in men. It is a generic form of the drug Viagra that enhances your sexual life, boosts your confidence and helps you create a great intimate relationship with your partner. Erectile dysfunction is the inability of getting or maintaining an erection for a sufficient time to finish a sexual relationship. According to the causes, you could have occasional erectile dysfunction or frequent erectile dysfunction. Occasional erectile dysfunction is not being able to achieve an erection due to an increased amount of stress or being anxious about a stressful situation that you have to face. Frequent erectile dysfunction, however, is a long-term condition that is caused by a chronic medical illness that needs treatment. Zenegra Tablet contains sildenafil as the main active constituent in the form or citrate salt to enhance its absorption. Sildenafil is a phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor that inhibits phosphodiesterase type enzyme from destroying cyclic guanosine monophosphate which is present in smooth muscles. Zenegra tablet relaxes smooth muscles and has a vasodilatory effect on blood vessels thus producing an increased flow of blood to supply certain parts of the body (including the genitals). An erection takes place when Zenegra tablet increases the amount of blood and oxygen flowing to the penis.
How to use Zenegra Tablets safely?
Each tablet of Zenegra contains 100 milligrams of sildenafil citrate ( equivalent to 100 milligrams sildenafil). The recommended daily dose is 100 milligrams of sildenafil citrate which is present in on Zenegra tablet. However, you should consult your physician about your starting dose and exactly follow your prescribed dose, not the recommended dose. You should neither initiate using Zenegra tablet nor stop using it without talking to your medical assistor. You should take Zenegra tablet at least an hour before engaging in any sexual activity. The duration of action and effectiveness will last an average of 4 hours so you can achieve and maintain as many erections as you desire to entertain yourself and your partner. The maximum dosing frequency of taking Zenegra is one tablet per day. The drug is not meant to be used by pregnant or lactating women. Women are not supposed to take Zenegra except if it is prescribed by their attending physician.
When taking Zenegra, you should avoid consuming large amounts of alcoholic beverages, grapefruit juice or its products and meals high in fat. When you combine alcoholic drinks and Zenegra tablet, an additive hypotensive effect will occur. Grapefruit juice and its products expose your systemic circulation to a high amount of the drug leading to a stronger effect but with more aggressive side effects. And eating meals high in fat renders the absorption slower resulting in a decreased effect of the Zenegra tablet.
Side effects of Sildenafil
Common side effects of Zenegra include: getting a headache and less common side effects include skin flushing, stuffy nose, indigestion, feeling sick, insomnia (lack of sleep at night), dizziness and blurry vision or impaired color vision. If you get any side effects that could affect your balance, be careful not to drive, use machines or sharp tools until you get back to the normal unaffected state. Any side effects that persist or become unbearable should be handled by visiting your physician. A headache can be managed by drinking more water on a regular basis and if it didn’t resolve you should ask for medical help.
You shouldn’t take Zenegra without medical consultations if any of these is your case
1) If you have an injury or a certain disease or deformity in your penis.
2) If you have a history of heart attack, stroke, angina, severe hypertension or hypotension.
3) If you have sickle cell anemia.
4) If you have a diagnosis of multiple myeloma.
5) If you have conditions that are associated with active bleeding like a progressive stomach ulcer.
6) If you are allergic to the active ingredient (Sildenafil).
Main drug interactions with Zenegra
1) Administration of sildenafil and organic nitrates together is contraindicated. Since nitrate-containing drugs are donors of nitric oxide which causes vasodilation. It might cause severe hypotension if combined.
2) Co-administration of alpha-blockers with Zenegra will cause a synergistic decrease in blood pressure. If you are stable taking an alpha-blocker drug prior to starting sildenafil treatment, your doctor can introduce sildenafil in the lowest dose and monitor your body reaction.
3) Take care not to co-administer sildenafil with amlodipine since it causes a drop in blood pressure as well.
4) Cyp3A4 inhibitors, like ritonavir (which is a strong CYP3A4), administration with sildenafil should be avoided as they increase the systemic exposure to Zenegra and that means getting more severe side effects. Dose adjustment will be made by your physician according to the CYP3A4 inhibitor strength you are taking.